Now available for Pre-Order!
A common resolution set at the beginning of a new year is to “get my financial house in order.” But how can you build a house, let alone pour any kind of foundation, without a blueprint? There are dozens of books and blogs trying to push their advice and tell you how to spend and invest your money. And then, there are three suburban dads just trying to make the world a little bit better.
Meet Brad Barrett and Jonathan Mendonsa of the award-winning Choose FI podcast and Chris Mamula of the popular blog “Can I Retire Yet?”. They have walked the talk and now want to share their knowledge with you. Together, these three regular guys will show you how they did something extraordinary. They are all financially independent and doing meaningful work that fulfills them. All three left their corporate 9 to 5 jobs and are reaping the benefits of extra time with their families.
Mirroring the format of the popular Choose FI podcast, this book pulls from the collective knowledge of those who have decided to build a lifestyle around their passions instead of allowing their finances to dictate their future. These stories demonstrate universal principles, giving you the opportunity to pick the elements that are the most applicable to your financial situation and “choose your own adventure.”
The book covers a wide range of topics that will help you build a strong financial foundation:
- Developing a growth mindset
- Defining your values and aligning them with your spending
- Cutting years from your estimated retirement date
- Questioning the status quo on “required expenses”
- Cutting travel expenses and putting family vacations within your reach
- Learning how to earn more and live with abundance
- Updating the commonly accepted wisdom on college education and the debt associated with it
- Cutting through the noise on investing to discover strategies that work
- Showing how to implement investment strategies that enable the lifestyle you desire while controlling downside risk
FI or Financial Independence is the new debt-free and getting back to 0 is just the beginning of a wonderful journey. Whether you have mountains of debt now or are recently debt free and wondering what to do next, Choose FI : Your Blueprint to Financial Independence will give you the information to guide your next move.